Raw Veg SaladAndyBrine
I’ve been training for ‘The Race For Life’, and by the time I get to eat it’s quite late. I always try to eat early as it puts less strain on your digestive system so I try to eat light, but still want to get as much nutrition as possible into my meal. This salad is really satisfying, tasty, hydrating and filling. Eating raw also means you are getting the maximum amount of minerals and nutrients, which can be lost in the cooking process.
- 1 courgette
- 1 beetroot
- 1 carrot
- 1 small bunch of radishes
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 kohlrabi
- A few handfuls of shredded lettuce (I used romaine lettuce)
- 1/2 pack of Feta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Shave all the veg, radishes and cucumber with a vegetable peeler or slice very thinly with a knife.
- Halve the tomatoes and shred the lettuce.
- Cut the feta into small cubes.
- Place all the ingredients into a large bowl.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Dress your salad and toss through until everything is nicely coated and serve.
Stay healthy until next time.
For more on Food. Fashion. Fun. freshnesh.com